Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Yes, I know I am the most inconsistent blogger ever.

Really, I know I am. I don't know how people find the time to do this. And I'm not sure if that makes me a terrible time manager or just really hell-bent on doing things non-stop around my house. (I do have it from a certain friend, who will remain unnamed;), that she has, on occasion, sacrificed home duties for blogging pleasures- love that about you girl). I did find time in the mis-management of my time and my crazed 'doings' around the house to take a trip though. A little recap for ya'll!

Cancun. Eight days. John and I, ALONE. I know this sounds weird but God gave us that trip. And because of that fact, I'm not sure that I will ever have a vacation that spectacular, in my life. The weather was perfect every single day, it rained once briefly, and was otherwise sunny and 85 to 90. Aaaahhh. Our resort was great, pretty room, nice view, comfy King size bed. The staff were truly the best part- kind, warm, helpful. They wouldn't even let us carry our plates to the table from the omelet bar, always responding "it's a pleasure." Love these people!

We did some fun touristy stuff, why not right? Zip lining, jungle tour with snorkeling. We visited a sister hotel (The Sun Palace) and realized we made the right choice in our hotel, deciding a hotel crammed on the strip wasn't for us. We liked the miles of resort we stayed at.

Every morning we would get up around 7:30 or 8 and walk down to our nearest and favorite restaurant, Caribeno, Edgar would be our waiter, I'd order a bloody mary (yes, EVERY morning, and sometimes I'd have two), and we'd have coffee, and sit and chill until we finally decided it was time to wander up and have breakfast... consisting of whatever we wanted. Fresh waffles, omelets, cereal, pancakes, whatever. And then they'd carry our plates.

By the time I'd get back to the room after this, my bed would be made. Bananas.

Okay, I'm going to have to pause here due to the fact that I'm going to go and cry for Cancun now. No not really, but Anna Banana is sick and it's going to be a long night.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment