Friday, February 19, 2010

For Granted

Sickness settled on our house the last couple weeks. Everyone is pumped full of antibiotics now and on the mend; which leaves us all feeling much more positive than in recent days.

It makes you thankful though. For uninterrupted nights of sleep. For being able to smell. For a 17 month old who is content to play on the floor by herself again, instead of following you around whining to be held all day. For energy. For being able to sing (hard to do when your voice is cracking and hoarse). For yoga. For everyone just feeling GOOD.

I know the statement "I took it for granted" always comes after having lost something, such as health. But part of the beauty of having something, sometimes is taking it for granted I think. Just going along, believing it will always be there, causes you not to worry.

Inevitably, I get a taste of it being gone, and it makes me grateful again. And it makes me sympathetic again too. I never get sick, and that had made me rather callous when others were.

I guess that leaves me thankful for my sinus infection- a little attitude check. And now, if you'll excuse me, I need a cup of tea.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you're blogging again. :) I love to read your thoughts, and it just makes me realize anew what kindred spirits we are. Not only that but you open my eyes to things too. What I am very not glad about is that your sickness turned out to be a sinus infection! Yuck! Have a restful weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, I just heart you so much. Thank you for commenting on my posts always, I love what you have to say. You are a huge inspiration for me and so motivating. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do for each other girl. Here's to having each other to lean on during this journey. Much love, j

    ReplyDelete