Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Don't you love ribs?

I love summer nights. And I especially love the smell of my grill cooking up some ribs. Mmmm. Like tomato basil soup and white chocolate fruit tart, I also happen to make really good ribs. And I make my own bbq sauce. The ribs are simple. The bbq sauce, not so much. And since I'm considering bottling the stuff, I'm not sharing. The night I first made it I only made a small portion, figuring it wouldn't be anything special and that John wouldn't like it. At the table he looks in my little bowl of homemade sauce and asks, "What's that?" I answer that it's just something I mixed up. He tried it, sat back and proclaimed "That is the best sauce I have ever had. That is everything bbq sauce should be!" Score!

I know, so rude to talk about it and then not divulge. I will however be happy to have you over to try it. That is, if you like a good KC style vinegary sauce. Oh man, my mouth is watering.

Anyway, the ribs:
Huge sheet of tin foil
baby backs
raspberry vinegar*
paprika

Lay the ribs out on your tin foil. Douse each side liberally with the vinegar and then rub in a light sprinkling of paprika.
Slow cook for two hours, flipping occasionally.
That's it. No par-boiling and only two ingredients.
*Apple Cider vinegar will work too, but the raspberry really gives them a great flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment