Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dealing with it

When John started with Alliance he was given a work truck.  It wasn't fancy.  But it was included.  And so was the gas.  Not too long after that he was given his current car, a souped up Hyundai.  It's nice, lots of features (I DO love features), has treated him fairly well, and has been way more pleasant to drive.  As would be expected, it has vanity mirrors with lights, and soon after he got the car Alyssa pulled down the visor to play with the mirror.  Stuck to the outside of the cover is this sticker:
*picture coming*
Dealing With It. 

Alyssa thought this was hilarious and ever since then John and I laugh a little when I pull down the visor. 

This ridiculous little sticker is kind of how I'm feeling these days.  It seems that my kids are constantly bickering.  My house seems to be trashed for around 90% of the day.  I have far less time than I used to due to teacher training, basketball practice, basketball games, yoga classes to take, yoga classes to teach, church, school, time with friends, and on and on it goes.  It's been so much fun and I'm enjoying this time immensely.  But sometimes when I actually sit down I'm left feeling depleted.  Tank empty.  Dealing with it. 

And while my quiet time with the Lord has slipped quietly away, daily devotions after dinner have become routine and well loved.  I've been more thoughtful (meaning, I've actually been thinking... John stopped me the other day and asked what I was doing and what was the matter to which I replied, "Oh nothing, just thinking.  You're not used to that are you?) and more prayerful.  It feels like a good place to be.  One that will springboard me back into more Bible study time.  And one that has me setting the goal of one service project a month.  Aim small, miss small.  That's from The Patriot.  I'm not entirely sure what it means, but it seemed to fit.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Steph!
    I totally misread your post and thought that there was a sticker that read, "picture coming" on the outside of your mirror and I was all-what pervert owned that car before them?! I guess I'm having a scattered day of my own. ;) I count them as blessings as that need for contemplation, that craving for quiet, still times with God are what pushes us into His presence. If the house was always clean and the schedule always blank, what need would we have for His abounding grace and endless mercy? I will be praying for you! Praying you find that time in His joyful presence and that He gives you the strength to go beyond dealing with it and step into rejoicing in it!
    With love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Kris I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Oh my word that is hysterical.
    Thank you for your sweet words and for the prayers. I miss you and would love to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete