Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oh house, why won't you stay clean?

I am so tired of picking up my house, cleaning my house, tidying my house, and so on and so forth. Here I sit with the supper dishes still on the table. It's 8:02. I'm not kidding. I'm not normally this bad, but John had a coaches meeting for soccer tonight and somehow the table never got cleared.
I don't think I can ever have a house bigger than this one. And that is saying something since this house is no where close to big. Although my other argument is: I need a house way bigger than this one because then the messes will just be somewhere else, hidden in the vast expanse of my ginormous house. Let's go with that argument.
A big house. Aaaahhhh. Children running wildly throughout many rooms, laughter echoing off the marble floors, hide and seek lasting for hours rather than minutes. A gourmet kitchen complete with pot filling faucets, drawer dishwasher, marble baking slab, a huge island with prep sink, and and and... and where are my children? I can't find my children in this giant house! John? Joooohhhnnn? Where is my husband?

Right? A small house does make for a close family. Alyssa and Holland are constantly in each other's business, which is equally funny and annoying. Anna has to be cordoned off in order to play on her play mat without getting trampled. But the girls stop their play to talk to her, sing to her, and play with her. That's nice. John has to be good at napping with a lot of noise, but at least he's in the middle of things, and it is kind of funny when Holland jumps on him to wake him up.
Okay tiny house, I'll keep you!

2 comments:

  1. I love this. What great perspective.
    My argument is that if we could afford larger houses we could very well afford cleaning ladies, so there's always that option....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is our best option! Let's tell the hubbys right now!

    ReplyDelete