Sunday, August 7, 2011

An Answer

I never cease to be amazed at the timing, provision, and caring of my Good God.

In this economy the average job search is now lasting nine months. 

Ours was 8 weeks.

If I were the person still searching for nine long months, I would imagine I would become desperate and finally take any job that came along.

We are looking at two amazing opportunity's and are feeling torn over which one to take.

I don't know how people make it through without having Him to lean on.  He has been a constant source of peace to us.  He has sent us many a friend and family member to care for us and encourage us.  And he has provided thoroughly.

I love these lyrics by Mark Harris...

I don't have a God I can put on a stand
Or a God I hold in the palm of my hand
I have a God that's holding me

And I don't have a God that I can create
In the place I live with the money I make
I have a God, He made everything

So I don't need a temporary man-made deity
When I got the real thing, I got the real thing

He's the Lord of all the earth, the maker of all things
He alone is the one true God
Kingdoms rise and fall but even through it all
He remains the one true God

My God is big enough to handle whatever comes my way and He is always consistent.  I'm so thankful that this is the case. I don't know what good a God would be to me if he weren't much larger than I am.  My God not only holds the whole universe by His might, but He also holds my life.

Phew!

Matthew 6: 25-34

No comments:

Post a Comment