Saturday, March 24, 2012

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

Alright.  I made these because the people pinning this recipe were all:

"I LOVE brussel sprouts. 

Roasted brussel sprouts are DELICIOUS! 

Roasted brussel sprouts are going to save the world!"

Actually, no.  That's not true.  I made them because the recipe mentioned serving them with garlic aioli.  And that, my friends, is the only reason I made brussel sprouts.

And truthfully, that is the only reason I ate these brussel sprouts.

Because I discovered what I knew all along: 

Brussel sprouts will not save the world.  They aren't that good.

They do, however, serve as a good delivery vehicle for garlic aioli.

They also photograph really well.


Recipe adapted from Savoring Life with Anna Costa
Brussel Sprouts:
20 Brussel Sprouts, quartered
olive oil
salt and pepper

Preheat your oven to 400
Line a baking sheet with parchment and toss the quartered brussel sprouts with the olive oil, salt and pepper until coated.
Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned

Garlic Aioli:
6 Tbs mayo
1/4 tsp finely minced garlic
1 tsp lemon juice
1 Tbs flat leaf parsley finely chopped (I used dried, it was fine)

Mix all your ingredients together and serve alongside your sprouts.

Happy aioli shoveling!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, substitute Brussell Sprouts for Asparagas (which is coming up by the dozens in my garden, btw) and I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I love love love asparagus. Don't mind me in your back yard with a knife merrily cutting.

    ReplyDelete