Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What is That?

Ever get that unsettled feeling? 

You start scanning.

Racing back through your mind...

"Okay.  Okay.  No.  Not that.  Okay.  Yup, I'm good there.  Huh.  What IS it?"

Sometimes I just feel so... so... submerged.

Yes.  That's it. 

Submerged.

I'm underneath all this stuff that keeps perpetually moving me forward.  And it leaves me so unsettled.  Almost with this mid-life crisis-y feel. 

Maybe it's the mundane.

Mundane.

The 'setting up the pins' to just knock them down again.  Sometimes as I stand there washing the millionth dish I'm like "Really?  Really?  They couldn't have put this in the dishwasher before I ran it?"  And then I tell myself "In the grand scheme of things this doesn't matter"  And then myself tells myself "Well, yeah, it kinda does because you could be sitting down at 9:30 at night instead of washing dish number 1 million and one."  And that's when the mundane strikes.  The "Ugh, I'm going to do this all again tomorrow."

And then I day dream. 

About opening an amazing little restaurant in Hawaii. 

Because really.  Shouldn't life be really LIVED.

(And shouldn't you be really tan while doing it?)

And sometimes that is the feeling.  The desire to do something radical.  To live life wide open.

Wide Open.

Unbridled, free, full throttle, passionate.


Who wants to live in Hawaii with me?

3 comments:

  1. I want to live in Hawaii with you AND be tan!!! Then I'd also have a front row seat to enjoy your wit up close and personal! :) I could so resonate with this post...the frustration with the mundane. I think that is why I strategically placed that scripture verse: "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart as if working for the LORD" right above my kitchen sink...where the mundane tasks of life get to me the most. I love your honesty and the smiles you give me in between. Thanks girl! Hoping you have a day of WIDE OPEN blessings and opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable. You've SO captured how I feel! I can't put my finger on why I'm so unsettled lately, so dissatisfied, so burdened. Submerged, mundane...yes, I feel all of it. I'm so glad I'm not alone. I'm so glad we serve a God who wants to give us abundant life. Life wide open (I LOVE that). Let's keep pursuing it and cheering each other on.
    I'll be head waitress at that little Hawaiian restaurant, by the way. And head taster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda: Do you know that the evening I had the mundane wash over me once I again I thought of that exact verse? I think I need to place it at my kitchen sink as well and I should look to your crafty cleveness to do it properly:). I am so so thrilled that you will come be tan with me in Hawaii. We are going to have the most glorious time. And then I can see you all the time instead of just randomly in MI, which really isn't nearly often enough.
    And Julie, I am equally thrilled that you will be my head waitress and taste tester. We will also be the chief wine samplers together;). (Amanda, I'm thinking you'll want in on that as well) Plus, you can handle all the details because you're so good at that and I am not. I am glad to know that am not alone in these feelings as well, and maybe by discussing them we can lessen their impact. And I fully agree... God does want us living life wide open with abundant life. I can't wait to find that sweet spot!
    You both are kindred spirits and I adore you. xoxo
    Oh, and thank you both for commenting on my posts, makes me feel loved:).

    ReplyDelete