Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Confession

I have this weird 'thing' with getting certain things done. Things like making doctors/dentists appointments for my kids. Or when I have a bill issue (IE this week my life insurance lapsed b/c I thought I was on quarterly, never received a bill because my mail here is atrocious, and now I have to fill out an insurability form and mail a massive check. Isn't this the post office's fault? Can you sue the post office?).

I don't think you can call it procrastination, even though it does result in things being drawn out. It's more like I get feelings of dread and the overwhelming sense of not being able to handle it. In some ways it's crippling. Our 'well baby' visits are usually a month after the girls are due to be seen. At the beginning of the school year, when physical forms are due, I'm the mom calling to say that the appointment is on the calendar for October. Of course I fail to mention that this is because I didn't make the appointment until a week before school started. And often bills get pushed to the last minute, narrowly avoiding being late.

Yes, I realize this is very strange. I have dreams of using my yoga money, when I'm making some, to hire a sweet little personal secretary to pay my bills and take my children to the doctor. I might really have to do that, because I just don't see this changing for me.

I'm glad we had this little talk. Now I have to go find other ways to busy myself so I don't have to call the dentist's office.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo! Ooo! I'll do it! I'll be your personal secretary! I love that stuff! You can pay me in free yoga classes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word. Will you even take the kids to the dr? You are HIRED. HIRED. HIRED. HIRED. I'm totally serious.

    ReplyDelete