Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Current Obsessions

Yoga. Mmmm, yumminess. Seriously, I don't know what I did before yoga. My body has completely changed in these last several years. My muscle is long and lean (not to mention, I actually have muscle now). My flexibility has increased 10 fold. It has also been an amazing mood lifter for me. Especially at certain times of the month... when normally I'm volatile at best. Yoga releases endorphins and makes me feel oh so much more stable.

Enchiladas. I don't know why, but I have been on a major enchilada bent lately. Especially this version from all recipes, which I have made every week for the last four weeks. Along with the yum yum yummiest salsa it makes me the hap hap happiest.

The Hunger Games. I don't care that it's young adult or that it is about kids being forced to kill other kids. It's good.

The Pioneer Woman. Truly, I love this woman. In fact, I'm not sure why I'm even writing this here, since I want her all for me (she has like a 30,000 person following so I guess the secret is out). She cooks, writes, photographs, herds cattle, home schools, refers to her husband only as Marlboro Man (this may be my favorite part), and gives away really fun stuff. You can link to her site from my blog: Confessions of a Pioneer Woman/Ree Drummond. Just remember I told you about her (I don't know why that matters).

Leg warmers. Because.

3 comments:

  1. Julie and I were getting into a little talk about you the other night Steph and we both agreed that you are inspiring to us! :) I am sure that you have heard that from other people but even just reading your list of things you're loving right now had me thinking about the way Eric's hair is growing out on top and how it makes his eyes seem more blue. See? I just love your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Apparently I am stuck on Eric's account tonight. I promise he is not a narcissist. This is Kris. Holla!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kris,
    Hee hee, I'm glad Eric isn't a narcissist;) and I love how much you love him.
    Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words with me. You have no idea how that ministered to me, such a lift to my heart. I'm so glad that Julie brought you into my life. XOXO And I'm loving the Holla by the way. Loving it.

    ReplyDelete