Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tip Tuesday

So many of our weeknights are filled with running here and running there right now.  Much like most other people I know.

Monday night's are open currently, except for story hour, so we've been choosing to make them something special.

And of course, since this is me you're reading, special = food.

Last week we had a full Thanksgiving meal on Monday night.  Turkey, stuffing I made from 100% whole grain bread, sweet potatoes, seven layer salad and green beans.  I informed everyone in the morning that we would be having a Thanksgiving meal, and while I was at home enjoying the smell of turkey filling my house, they were all out and about looking forward to their big meal at the end of the day.

After dinner and devotions everyone quickly pitches in to clean up and John puts on a small pot of coffee.  The kids scurry off in all directions and he and I sit down and enjoy the candlelight, sip our coffee, and discuss the day. 

It is really what I wish every night could be.  But because it isn't, it just makes it that much more special.

And that's my tip today:  make a weeknight something extra-ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment