Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bar- Ba- Skew

I'm not sure why but when John says BBQ he actually says Bar-Ba-Skew. 

But that doesn't matter.

Let's talk BBQ.  Does anyone not love it?  I mean really.  How do you not love sauce?  And meat.  And meat and sauce? 

Actually, a yoga teacher friend of mine is a vegetarian and she doesn't quite feel about BBQ the way I do.  So there's that.

But aside from vegetarians, I'm pretty sure that everyone loves BBQ.  Me most especially.

With that being said when my nephew picked BBQ out of the four Triple D restaurants in Chicago, that I had researched and suggested, he pretty much sky rocked to Number One Nephew.  Close your eyes, other nephews.  Or send me BBQ and you can be number one too.

Smoque at 3800 N Dempster is pretty much the best BBQ I have ever had.  Not kidding.  I had the St Louis Ribs but there was plenty of baby backs and brisket for me to sample and each was delish.  We can talk bark (it was good) and smoke ring (I saw it!) and rub (they all get the same except the brisket gets an extra layer of pepper I think) but I don't really wanna, mostly I just want to tell you it was yummy.

Go there.  Now.  Order any meat, all three sauces, fries and their peach cobbler.  You will thank you.  And me.

This is my sister-in-luv's tray.  Looks good, right?  Chopped brisket bottom left and heading counterclockwise: corn bread, slaw, peach cobbler, mac and cheese, her sauce choice, and baked beans.

BBQ makes people happy.


And willing to sit very very close together.
Other Nephews: I was just kidding.  You are all number one, with or without ribs smothered in sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment