Friday, January 13, 2012

I Need Crunch

I'm currently on Phase One of South Beach, not because I need to drop a ton, but because I need to clean out a little- post holiday detox if you will.  I've done phase one several times by now (we've been on South Beach for going on three years) so I'm pretty good at.  There is one thing I super miss during this time and it's the something crunchy I use as a delivery vehicle for all my dips and salsa.

Enter in cheese crackers.  I found them on pinterest and have since seen many recipes online.  All they are is cheese- bonus!

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (you need to use parchment paper)
Place about a teaspoon of any cheese spaced generously apart on your parchment since they will spread
Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes, or until they are no longer soft in the middle- you want them crisp like a cracker.
I leave them lightly covered with plastic wrap for a day or two.  Putting them in a container makes them chewy which is not good since we need crunch.

These are Parmesan which are my favorite.  Mexican cheese, cheddar, and mozzarella have all been tried and deemed fantastic as well!  You could mix some chili powder or dry ranch dressing mix into the cheese too.  Awesome.

They make great fake croutons too!

2 comments:

  1. I love these Stephanie! The first time I made them was two Christmas' ago (with walnuts and Parmesan...saw it on the Today show), but I never thought to make them for SB. I'm on day 13 of phase one and after Becky reminded me of these crunchy bites of heaven they have become my saving grace! I love that you put them on salads as croutons! I haven't tried any other cheese, but considering the fact that when growing up and my mom would make nachos in the oven for us, and my siblings and I would fight over the "cheese chips" that fell off the chips and crusted the pan, im sure I'd love just about any other cheese!You're full of good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I'm so proud of you! Almost done with Phase One! I hope you are feeling great and are seeing results that make you feel good about your hard work! Okay, the walnuts and parmesan are GENIUS I am so glad you mentioned them here! I'll be doing that tomorrow for sure. I too am a crunchy, almost burned, cheese lover from any cheesy dish I pop in the oven:). And these have made life better for me too! Happy munching!

    ReplyDelete