Monday, January 16, 2012

Chicken Salad

Every other blogger out there is probably waxing eloquently on about Martin Luther King Jr and here I am talking about chicken salad. 

When you taste it you'll see why.

This is the same chicken salad I have always made it just turns out that it is totally South Beach approved all on its own. Normally the recipe calls for red grapes which are great by the time you hit phase two but they are easily left out for phase one.

Your cast of characters:



Slivered almonds, seedless red grapes, celery, and Peppercorn Ranch.  You need chicken too, but no one wants a picture of raw chicken.

Chicken Salad
2 large chicken breasts, cooked and cut up (I use kitchen scissors)
2 stalks of celery, sliced
a handful of red grapes, sliced in half
1 2oz package slivered almonds
1/4 bottle of Peppercorn Ranch
Toss all the ingredients together.  It's that simple.




Everything in the bowl!

Toss with the dressing.
It is delicious on a croissant, of course, but it is also fantastic on whole grain bread, a bed of lettuce, in a whole grain Flat Out, or stuffed in a tomato.


2 comments:

  1. Your blog is making me constantly hungry! ;) thanks for the great ideas!!!! Keep them coming please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad! You're welcome and I'll do my best:)! xoxo

    ReplyDelete