Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tip Tuesday

The title leads you to believe that I have a lot of tips, doesn't it?  We're going to have to find out if it's true or not.  Some Tuesdays maybe the tip will be "Brush your teeth," because that's all I got.

Not today though!  Today I have a really good one.

One of the things I love is really clean, spot free, laundry.  Yes.  Laundry.  I go to great lengths (Granted, not as great as my Mom, who really knows her laundry.  Way to go, Mom!) to achieve this.  I put vinegar in with the laundry detergent so it never gets that nasty smell, I add Mrs. Stewart's bluing to my white loads, wash all stinky gym clothes separately, and I pretty much wash everything on delicate.

This, however, is THE best secret I have ever learned.  It comes from a friend's Mom, who learned it from her friend, who owns a Dry Cleaners.  That sounds urban legendy doesn't it?  It's not though, it's the real deal.

Take two parts ammonia to one part laundry detergent (and honestly, it will work if you don't get that right) and put it in a clearly marked spray bottle.  Just pretreat with it and toss it in the wash.  It gets out EVERYTHING.  You may have to repeat but not often.  Just check the stain when it comes out of the wash so that you don't accidentally dry it before it's totally gone, that will set the stain.



I'd like to mention that even if your ammonia says 'lemon fresh scent' do not believe it.  This is an outright lie.  Nothing you can do to ammonia will make it a fresh scent.  And why do you care if the fumes that are burning the nose hairs out of your nose are scented with lemon?  That's right.  You don't. 

Happy Stain-Treating!

No comments:

Post a Comment