Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Complex

And by Complex, I mean, I have one.

I am in the sweetest Bible study.  And by sweet, I mean, these ladies ARE.

And then you have me.  I talk too much.  I'm certain I interrupt.  I tell too many stories.  I listen too little.  I don't think enough.  I don't think before I speak enough.

And then I leave Bible study and worry the whole way home.

It'd be great if I could learn to listen. 

And then I come home and my closets look like this:

Yeah, I know that had absolutely nothing to do with anything in the post but it's real.  And so is my complex.

Maybe, people in my life, we should have you hold up signs to me when I'm being that person.  Signs like:

"No.  Nooooo.  No!"

"Danger mouth operates faster than brain."

"You're doing it... right now... stop.... sttttooooopppp."

"Shhhhhhh."

That would be so helpful.

Alright.  I'm going to go find Anna.  Chat her head off for a while.  I've sat here quiet for too long.

Happy Humpday!

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to everything youve written and have often felt just the same! But, LOVE that type of authenticity! And remember, the Enemy wants to feed you lies to make you doubt, feel insecure, and keep you from experiencing growth and true intimacy with your Maker and His followers. I love your heart, your complex, and the fact that your closets look a whole lot like mine! I'm finding that the person(s) right next to me in this life are not at all that different...unfortunately, we often only show our shiny sides. But I'm sure your being authentic, real, and the "Stephanie" that God created you to be and that makes you so unique (and witty, and likable, lovable and beautiful) is like a breath of fresh air to your fellow studiers. But, I think an awareness and desire to listen better and love people well is admirable. Shine on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've known each other awhile, no? And I have honestly never, EVER, not once walked away from our time together thinking, "WOW, that Stephanie talks too much. Why doesn't she stop it already?" Not EVER. You always contribute a healthy dose of wise words and humor to any situation I've been in with you. So there. Lay that complex to rest.

    ReplyDelete